Tips for success
- If possible, undergo training in a range of fitness areas to keep your options open. Doing this will give you a good understanding of what you might want to specialise in.
- Make sure you get public liability insurance to cover you in the event of any
- Always get some payment up front and include a clause that full payment
must be made if customers drop out at short notice.
- Hand business cards out to all customers - many will have friends who are
- Try and update your knowledge of new fitness training techniques at least
twice a year by attending courses and seminars run by industry bodies.
National Register of Personal Trainers
Tel. 07971 954662
Tel. 01225 353555
British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences (BASES)
Tel. 0113 289 1020
Tel. 0207 343 1850