Tips for success
1. Copy the success of others. Karen Holmes who runs a The Best Of franchise says that the best thing she ever did was learning the techniques of the most successful franchisee.
2. Don’t be afraid to invest in others. Many business owners feel that they can do it all themselves but none ever can. You have to be able to delegate responsibilities or you will get drowned in unfinished tasks. It can be nerve-racking when you first yield responsibility to someone else but one you get used to it is the most liberating thing you can do.
3. Do what you enjoy. This is your business, after all! Therefore, you should work to your strengths and get others to do the things you dislike doing. If you can find someone who has totally different abilities to you then you could be on to a winning partnership.
4. Shop around for the best deal. There are many franchises out there and a shortage of good people who are up to the job of taking one on, therefore if they want you then you are a rarity. Make sure you want to do it before you commit.
5. Networking People are always more likely to deal with someone they know than with a stranger so it pays to get your face known. There are many networking events to attend and groups to join. Your local Chamber of Commerce could be a good first step. It will also get you used to talking about your business and practice selling it.