started this topic @ 17:49 on 28/01/2010
Welcome to the Startups.co.uk forum. We've tried to take into consideration the type of things you'd want in a forum, so start making your profiles!
Can I also take this opportunity to remind you of the Startups.co.uk forum rules:
1 . Attaching Files: For security reasons, you may not attach files to any posts.
2. Searching For Specific Posts: You may search for specific posts based on a word or words found in the posts. Click on the "search" link to use this function.
3. Censoring Posts: Startups.co.uk exists to inform, entertain and interact - and we want as many people as possible to participate. For this reason, we kindly ask for your help in policing the forums. Please demonstrate respect for others when adding to the site. Any racist, sexist and homophobic posts will be removed and excessive strong language is unwelcome. We will also edit potentially libellous statements for legal reasons.
4. Advertising: While we welcome companies leaving their details when responding to posts requesting help or advice (or when posting a thread which is informative in itself), the purpose of the forum is for individuals and businesses to discuss, debate and exchange ideas - not for free advertising. Any posts left on the forum purely for advertising purposes will be removed. Any offers posted in the offers for startups forum must only be posted once. Any repeat postings of the same offer will be deleted.
5. You must be registered to post on the forum. You may read messages without registering, but not reply or start a new post.
6. Deception: deliberate attempts to mislead readers about offers etc are not appreciated. Tactics such as endorsing a business as a 'customer' while you are, in fact, involved in that business are against the spirit of the forum and will be clamped down upon.
7. Hijacking: Similarly, please do not hijack other users' offers with your own offers/promotions unless it's relevant for what the poster has asked for. This is extremely frustrating for users. If you want to highlight your own offer, start a new thread.
8. Links: We are happy for you to add links to your signatures, along with logos, as long as they are reasonably sized and not off-putting to other users.
We log and may have to pass the IPs of defamatory or abusive posters to authorities to assist with any proper inquiry. The opinions voiced on this forum are not necessarily those of Startups.co.uk or Crimson Publishing and we do not take responsibility for them. We do our best to ensure that defamatory, subversive or offensive statements are removed as soon as possible. Please inform us of any abusive messages at firstname.lastname@example.org.